HOW TO CLEAN YOUR ALCANTARA SEAT IN DAILY LIFE
DAILY CLEAN ROUTINE FOR ALCANTARA SEAT
- Dust the material with care.
- Moisten a soft cloth or a sponge in clean water, wring it thoroughly.
- Rub over the whole Alcantara material, making sure not to wet it excessively.
- Rinse the cloth or sponge and repeat as necessary.
- Leave Alcantara to dry overnight.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALCANTARA STAINS REMOVAL
You should use Alcantara-specific cleaning products first. In the case of localized stains, and when the specific products for cleaning Alcantara are not available, the seat can be cleaned as follows:
- Act immediately - ideally within the first 30 minutes - and begin treating the stain from the outside edge into the centre in order to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Do not ever pour a cleaning product directly onto Alcantara.
- Before removing the stain, remove the remaining substance that has fallen on the upholstery. If the substance is thick such as yogurt or jam, use a spoon or a plastic spatula. For liquids, use non printed absorbent paper or a sponge.
- Avoid rubbing to prevent the stain from spreading or going deep into the material.
- Use a white cloth or a well-wrung sponge to remove the stains.
- If you use a sponge, rinse it in clean water and wring it well between each wipe.
Tips on Removing Different Types Of Wter-Soluble Stains For Alcantara
You can use water, lemon juice, or pure ethyl alcohol (from liquors), and follow the instructions below to treat different types of stains.
- Stains from fruit juice, jam, jelly, syrup, or ketchup: use lukewarm water and rinse by dabbing with clean water.
- Stains from blood, egg, excrement, or urine: use cold water; avoid warm water, which makes these substances coagulate. Rinse by dabbing with clean water.
- Stains from liquors, alcoholic beverages, wine, beer, soda, or tea: use lukewarm water. If the colour mark remains, treat it with lemon juice and then rinse it well.
- Stains from indelible pencil, cocoa, chocolate, pastry with cream or chocolate, ice-cream, or mustard: use lukewarm water; rinse by dabbing with clean water.
- Stains from vinegar, hair gel, tomato sauce, or coffee with sugar: use lemon juice and then wipe with lukewarm water. You can rinse by dabbing with clean water.